TERMS & AGREEMENTS
The members of the Metal Finishing Association of Southern California wish to remind you of the established practices of the metal finishing industry in processing your materials. These practices have been formalized and unanimously adopted by the members of this Association as a Statement of Policy.
It is generally recognized that even after employing all the science known to us; and capable men and women with years of training, there still remain hazards in the electroplating and metal finishing fields. As a consequence, in order to avoid misunderstandings, we are setting forth below conditions under which your material will be accepted by us for processing:
- Whenever we are given material with detailed instructions as to treatment, our responsibility shall end with the carrying out of those instructions. Type of material, tolerance and specifications for processing shall be declared in writing prior to processing.
- Our liability for any cause is limited to the cost of direct labor and material of the product directly damaged by our processing or three time our processing charges on such material, whichever is lesser. Charges for our services are based on this Policy limiting our liability.
- Liability greater than that outlined in paragraph (2) above will be assumed by us only when so agreed in writing by us. In such event a higher charge may be made for our services.
- Parts, materials, etc. as processed by us shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by you if we are not notified of damages, shortages or other discrepancies within five working days or your receipt of the same.
- Where operations or processes performed by us are in the nature of salvaging parts or material, the work is accepted on a best effort basis and no liability shall attach to us unless previously agreed upon in writing prior to processing the job.
- In the event that results of metal finishing operations are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, changes in grade or composition of material, manufacturing and/or fabrication imperfections, usages for which the plating or other finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variables over which we have no control, the customer would be required to pay the contracted amount for the finishing operation performed.
- After processing and delivery to the consignee of parts or material, if there is any further work done on such parts or they are incorporated in any assembly or processed in any way, this will constitute a waiver of any liability for alleged defective processing or failure of such part to meet requirements of the customer. We agree to process all parts required but do not warrant expressly or by implication that such processing can be used in any way whatsoever.
We are sure you will agree with us that the conditions set above are realistic and reasonable and that acceptance of the material for processing subject to such conditions will permit us to continue to provide quality metal finishing at an economical price. Your placing of additional orders, with us shall be conclusively presumed to include your acceptance of our limitation of liability and other provisions herein set forth.
Conditions of Sale:
All accounts are C.O.D. unless other arrangements have been made in writing. All charges are due and payable on or before 30 days after the date of the invoice. If not paid within this time, a service charge of 1 ½ % per month on the unpaid balance will be added, and monthly thereafter until paid. If the account is turned over to a collection agency service and/or an action at law is instituted for collection, buyer agrees to pay reasonable attorney’s fee and court costs.
- All prices are subjected to a minimum charge.
- Prices shown are based on quality and accuracy of drawing received.
- Delivery information listed herein is estimated and not to be considered firm.
- Price is based upon receiving quantities shown on preceding quote as one lot.
- All prices are good for one year maximum (some maybe less) and will be reviewed thereafter.
- Pricing is provided EXW BAP TJ, customs (export and import) process paperwork is not considered. Customs-related paperwork cost associated to processing parts at BAP Aerospace de Mexico will be covered by the buyer lest a $3K USD monthly sales volume is maintained.